Sunday, March 23, 2014

March Madness

I would be lying if I said I have been following UCONN basketball as closely as I once had this year.  But that doesn't mean that when the big dance comes I won't cheer on my Huskies and wish they to absolutely dominate the tournament.

I have loved basketball since I was little and UCONN was a staple in my house.  That's part of the reason why I wanted to go to UCONN, because the basketball program produced superstars.  For many years now, I have not kept quiet watching these games, often screaming at the television as if each of those players could hear my words frustrations at poorly executed plays.

With March Madness in full swing, I have become addicted to the various basketball games.  Kentucky versus Wichita State. Screamed at my team when they attempted that three pointer.  Syracuse AND Duke losing?  Tears of joy.  

And when my UCONN Huskies won in over time the first round, and turned around sloppy play to beat Villanova in the second, I couldn't be happier.  Let's be real, most people hate the Huskies.  But if there is anything I learn every time March Madness rolls around, UCONN has some loyal, die hard fans who wear their Husky pride no matter what.

I love our character. I love our guys. And we're gonna win this game. 
Kevin Ollie

No comments:

Post a Comment