Monday, August 27, 2012

Last year, when we lost Madison, I got another Madison in the form of a stuffed fox.  A fox meant a lot to me at the time, and having the package waiting on my bed took the sting of losing one of my favorites from my life.  

Now, we are losing Mandy, and I can not handle this loss as well.  Mandy has always been the quiet of the two sisters.  She barely barked while Madison was alive and now she barks a lot, especially when she gets excited about eating dinner.  But while she has regained a youthfulness, she has been declining a lot these past few weeks.  She can't make it up the stairs without being coaxed. Mom and Dad think she's blind in her eyes which I don't necessarily see.  And it's heartbreaking to watch.

I don't have a stuffed animal to hold onto this time around and I'm rather nervous about Mandy.  We will have such a quiet house when Mandy isn't around anymore.  

I don't know why I'm writing about Mandy.  I think I'm more sad then anything that she isn't feeling well and that she's lonely without Madison.

I just really don't like this growing up thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment